The managing agent, Keyholder Lettings & Management, administer the sub-letting process and provide owners with copies of the CHMC “Agreement for Subletting” form and a “Lease Rider” (for use with standard tenancy agreements) as necessary and on request.
- Within 4 weeks of sub-letting their property, the owner must fully and correctly complete the CHMC “Agreement for Sub-Letting” form, and provide this, together with a signed copy of the “Lease Rider” indicating that the tenant acknowledges the Resident’s Obligations and agrees to comply with them.
- Keyholder administer this process and can provide the owner with the relevant paperwork. The completed form and signed Lease Rider are to be submitted to CHMC via Keyholder. In due course a copy of the form signed on behalf of CHMC will be sent to the owner.
- Each time a tenancy changes – either with regard to the tenants or to the letting agents, a new form should be submitted to CHMC.
- If a property has been sub-let and no agreement form exists on Keyholder files, Keyholder will send the owner the form and Lease Rider and require that they be correctly completed and returned within 30 days. If forms are not completed and returned within 30 days, administration fees of £60 will be applied for each subsequent reminder letter that is sent out by Keyholder. These fees will be added to the service charge for the property.
- A laminated copy of the CHMC Resident’s Obligations should be posted in a prominent position in any property that is rented out. Laminated copies can be obtained from Keyholder on request.
Please note that it is a condition of the shared buildings insurance that all sub-lets to be assured short term lets of not less than 6 months.