Campbell Heights

Rubbish and recycling

Rubbish and recycling

The rubbish collection days and the latest information about recycling can be found on the Milton Keynes Council web site.

If it is a public holiday, then the collection dates for rubbish will change.  You will normally receive a notice through the door or in the local newspaper about what has changed.  

The current arrangements are summarised here.

Material that can be re-cycled

Paper, aluminium tins, plastic boxes and bottles that are labelled with the re-cycle symbol.

These can be placed in one of the big communal pink bins that are sited in front of the undercroft parking areas. Currently the pink bins are emptied on Monday.

Milton Keynes Council recommends that re-cycled waste is put directly into the bins (not in bags) - alternatively any bags used must be clear so that the contents can be seen.
Milton Keynes Council may provide rolls of clear plastic bags for this purpose.
You may have to collect the bags from the MK Council offices on Silbury Boulevard.

The Council will also collect bags of recycle rubbish from the bottom of the steps of the 4 bedroom houses, currently on Tuesday.  This waste must be in clear plastic bags.

Garden and food waste

These can be placed in the green wheely bins which are supplied by MK Council.

These green wheely bins are emptied on Tuesday if they are placed at the front of your property at the bottom of the steps for 4 bed houses.  It is a good idea to put your house number on it so you can identify your bin.

For the 3 bed houses and apartments, there are communal green wheely bins in the bin area, and there are small grey bins available from the Council that you can use to collect food waste in your kitchen, and then empty into the green bins.

Compostable bags may be put in the green bins.  The Council may refuse to empty any green bins that contain any other plastic bags.

Glass Bottles

These can be placed in the Blue wheely bin which is emptied by the Council regularly.  Please empty you bottles directly into the blue bin.  If you put them in a plastic bag, the Council may refuse to empty the bin.

General Rubbish

4 bed houses can place their general rubbish in black bin bags,  and leave these at the bottom of their external stairs for collection on Tuesday morning.

If you are going to be away on collection day it is better to put your rubbish in the communal bin so that it does not attract vermin.

3 bed houses and apartments place their general rubbish in the large (black) communal bins outside the undercroft parking area. There are bins on both sides of the undercroft. These bins are emptied on Mondays.

Please do not over fill the bins.

This can attract rats and other vermin. Also if the bins are too full, the collectors will not empty them and we all may have to pay extra for the collection.

Other items for disposal

These must either be taken to one of the MK Council community recycling centres (the closest one is at Bleakhall), or you can arrange with the Council for them to collect particularly large and awkward items.